Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the world’s most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
Brightcove manages and distributes over a hundred million videos and adds hundreds of thousands to that catalog every day. That’s no surprise given the explosive growth of online video but managing that content presents a huge challenge for our clients. To help solve this problem, we’re looking for a developer to help us grow our Studio team.
The Studio is a set of web-based productivity applications to upload and manage video for Brightcove publishers. Our team consists of a wide range of technical skills across the stack from a front-end UX focus to deep into server-side and operations.
- Develop and deploy web-based applications. Experience with scalable backend services is a plus.
- Provide operational support for Brightcove applications.
- Work in an agile environment with a team of engineers to create new products and services and enhance existing solutions and workflows.
- Develop clean, high-quality code and automated tests to verify its operation.
- Experience with React or Angular.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment infrastructure for web applications and services.
- Experience working with AWS or related technologies is a plus.
- Experience in the basics of developing and deploying scalable web-based applications, SaaS systems a plus.
- Familiarity with Linux, basic SaaS security, REST, and API design.
- Strong interest in working on a product for which UI (and overall user experience) is a big component and focus.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other software engineers, user experience designers, and product/program managers.
- Ability to set and maintain high standards of quality and customer value.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
Brightcove is headquartered in Boston and while we are currently remote due to Covid-19, this role is designated to be located in our brand new Guadalajara office which is located in Puerta de Hierro, part of the metropolitan area of Guadalajara. The office has been designed with the latest technology, an open yet focused working space layout and employees enjoy access to stocked kitchens with daily catered lunches and social activities that celebrate a variety of personal interests.
If you’ve gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don’t hesitate to apply, even if you don’t meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!
**Please submit your resume in English to be considered for this role.**