Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the world’s most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
Have you impressed clients with your ability to simplify and solve complex technical problems? Built systems that scale to millions of users? If so, and if you’re looking for a chance to grow and work with some of the most well-known media brands in the world, we’d love to talk.
We’re currently looking for a Senior Engineer to join our Guadalajara based Delivery team. The perfect candidate for this role will have strong hands-on coding skills; have worked within distributed teams while executing to best practices (unit testing, code reviews, security and performance audits); and, most importantly, will have delighted clients and team members with their work.
- Developing front end website architecture.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Developing back en website applications.
- Creating AWS instances and databases for functionality.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Meeting both technical and customer needs.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features.
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
- 1+ Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- 3+ Understanding of key design principles.
- Proficiency with server side languages such as Node JS.
- Proficiency with database technology such Postgres, MongoDB, MySQL.
- AWS experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
Brightcove is headquartered in Boston and while we are currently remote due to Covid-19, this role is designated to be located in our brand new Guadalajara office which is located in Puerta de Hierro, part of the metropolitan area of Guadalajara. The office has been designed with the latest technology, an open yet focused working space layout and employees enjoy access to stocked kitchens with daily catered lunches and social activities that celebrate a variety of personal interests.
If you’ve gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don’t hesitate to apply, even if you don’t meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!
**Please submit your resume in English to be considered for this role.**