Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology. Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
About the team:
- The Junior Accountant, who will be part of the Accounting department will be responsible for the accounting for different entities, prepare the monthly reconciliations and to be part of the auditing team
- Degree in Accounting
- Experience in financial, technological companies or in a Big4 is a plus but not mandatory
- 4+ years of experience in auditing
- Knowledge of IFRS is a plus
- Experience with Netsuite and/or another ERP systems
- Ability with numbers and computations
- Hard sense of responsibility and companies core values
- Dominion of the English language
- Excellent communication skills, bilingual in both verbal and written form
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Agile sense of work
- Organized and proactive
- Service attitude
- Ensure all accounts payable policies and procedures are adhered to including travel and related expenses
- Improve and continue accounting policies
- Be part of implementations team
- Review of tax requirements
- Prepares journal entries; maintain and reconcile ledger accounts
- Prepare information for auditors
- Ensure all reporting is completed accurately and timely including month end closing, audits, and other requests
- Maintaining constant and strong communication with the treasury, accounts payable and taxes teams to ensure the veracity of accounting and financial information
- Working hand to hand with the company’s accounts payable and taxes specialists to prepare monthly information for closing
- Reconciliation and integration of trial balances
- Assist with audits by providing supporting records and documentation
Potential “to succeed in this role you’ll need”
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- English language proficiency.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial inclusion across Latin America
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space in Latin America
- Salary: We pay competitively to attract top talent in the market.
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, this role is remote.
- Health Insurance: We offer one of the best medical plans
- Performance Bonus: Your hard work will be rewarded with an attractive bonus plan.
- Unlimited Free Days: We want our employees to recharge their batteries and explore who they are outside of the office
As you move on to the final stage of our talent attraction journey, we will ask you to please complete our background check process.
This role is expected to work remotely.