Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
Do you like putting your mind to the test? Can you see beyond the numbers? We are looking for a Product Operations Specialist to join our team and help us develop and enhance internal tools and policies. Hop on and predict, identify and prevent fraudulent activities in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will be working closely with stakeholders from different departments and manage large projects across products and cities, serving as a global subject matter expert.
What you’ll need to do day in day out:
- Analyze patterns and trends in order to recognize suspicious cases and fraudulent activities
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to design and implement solutions and new tools that detect and prevent the risk of fraud across riders, drivers and affiliates
- Communicate results on a regular basis to stakeholders including executive leadership
- Suggest and implement new proposals and educate teams to deliver on short- and long-term risk and fraud effort
- Resolve or recommend solutions to complex problems, with the ability to draft detailed documentation and support it with data and statistics
- Evaluate the risk potential for new features
- Stay on top of fraud scenarios from Passengers and Drivers, involving card and cash payments
- Monitor industry trends to make contributions to Beat’s fraud strategy
What you´ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in risk management, payments, fraud, or a related role
- Background in statistics, math, computer science, business, or related disciplines
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Creative problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. Ability to multitask, work alone and as part of a team
- Experience working with SQL is a must
- Working experience with analytics tools and programming languages (Python / R) will be considered as a plus
- Independence and curiosity, with a proactive investigation spirit, to navigate ambiguity under limited supervision
- Strong sense of responsibility and track record of making decisions with high impact
What´s in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Private Health Coverage on the Company’s group program
- Flexible working hours and top line tools
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company
Please send us your CV in English
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.