Project Industrialization Leader
Schneider ElectricApodaca (Nuevo León), Mexico10d ago
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
This position reports to Partner Projects Division organization and is responsible for leading industrialization projects as part of the Schneider Electric Offer Creation Process (OCP). The individual leads projects from Open to Close gate in order to achieve the deliverables defined at the beginning of the project on time and within project cost and quality objectives.
SCOPE AND SIZE
This position is for a Staff Engineer, or Senior Staff Engineer, who will report to the Leader of the Industrialization Department (Manager) inside the Partner Projects Division Supply Chain.
The PIL is accountable for providing both technical and project leadership for supply chain development for new and evolving products, such as high volume miniature circuit breakers, lower volume molded case circuit breakers and safety enclosure products.
- Leads Supply Chain development activities on a cross functional team.
- Participates in strategic planning as a member of the engineering and technology development effort.
- Act as Project Manager for the supply chain activities to ensure timely and effective execution.
- Remains abreast of the latest developments in supply chain & industrialization to guide future development efforts, and acts as a technical consultant for Global Supply Chain and the various Schneider Electric businesses.
- Forecasts and tracks Labor and Project Cost necessary to industrialize new products; utilizing the expertise of Industrialization team with constant attention to lower project costs.
- Works collaboratively with cross functional leaders & team members, with some located in other geographic regions and cultures.
- Leads the development and implementation of industrial processes for new products which conform to safety standards and lean principles in the Schneider Production System (SPS) framework. Industrial processes could include electro-mechanical assembly, printed circuit board assembly & processing, sheet metal fabrication, molding, stamping, material planning/control, up- and downstream supply chain logistics, order processing.
- Coordinates with internal and external resources to ensure best available processes, and supply chain flows, are utilized for the given product and market specifications.
- Estimates, forecasts and reports on product costs and capital and manufacturing industrial expenses.
- Performs material planning analyses and implements supply chain strategies.
- Performs make vs buy decisions on components, sub-assemblies.
- Ensures product and manufacturing records are structured to support effective control of the information.
- Maintains current knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment technologies and analyzes these technologies as related to applicability for use in production departments and the manufacturing facility.
- Utilize continuous improvement methodology to improve internal industrial processes.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Very strong communication skills in English (written and verbal) are mandatory
- Proven ability to work successfully in a multicultural, multinational virtual environment across various functions (design engineering, purchasing, quality, marketing, finance, mfg operations, and others)
- Strong proactive communicator. Ability to interact effectively at least two levels above (such as director, plant mgr) through concise and pertinent communications and knowing when and what to communicate.
- Proven ability to influence and convince through negotiation
- Open mindedness about manufacturing and industrializing in emerging economies, and ability to help research and validate global supply chain strategies
- Self motivated to work in an autonomous environment and be accountable to the Supply Chain function and Line of Business for work outputs, including schedule and budget, at the right quality level
- Development and management of industrial project schedules that meet overall project objectives, conformance to the plan with clear analyses of changes to the plan.
- Clear understanding of and conformance to industrial project cost budgets (CAPEX and OPEX) to meet business and project objectives, reliable forecasting, and analyses of changes.
- Efficient planning, forecasting, and tracking of industrial skills resource competencies and costs to be employed during the project(s) that meet overall project objectives of quality, cost, and schedule.
- Strong partnership with Industrial Quality to maximize the product & process quality, and with Project Quality to ensure conformance to the OCP while maximizing productivity of project resources (CAPEX, OPEX, and project labor).
- Strong effective teamwork and communication skills in working with other functions.
20 - 25 % travel could be required including some international travel (varies by project).
What do you get to do in this position?
- Leads supply chain development activities on a new product development cross functional team
- Leads development and implementation of industrial processes for new products which conform to safety standards and lean principles
- Forecasts and tracks labor and project expenses with constant attention to lower cost
- Estimates, forecasts and reports product costs.
This job might be for you if:
- Assembly line design experience is a must
- Have 5+ years manufacturing engineering management, production management in production environment.
- 5+ years experience in new product development environment actively implementing new industrial processes.
- Lean expert and or Six Sigma certification.
- Engineering degree or advanced business degree.
- Advanced English skills is a must , intreview will be in english
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, a culture of wellness, and more great benefits above and beyond a typical employer. Click to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/mx/carreras
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.