Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Colgate-PalmoliveCiudad de México (CDMX)16 days ago
Travel Required?: Travel - up to 10% of time
Date: Nov 9, 2020
Remote working option during the current situation
No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 92540 - Del.Miguel Hidalgo, Mexico City, Mexico
About the positon
Lead the regulatory processes in CASACA (Central America, South America and the Caribbean) to obtain all the necessary government approvals for the legal registration, production, import and export of Hill’s products. Ensure compliance with deadlines and consistent access to Hill’s products. Maintain open and effective lines of communication with the global Regulatory team, cross-functional partners, regulatory authorities, associations and distributors. Manage the work done by distributors in 11 countries (and in any new markets that open in the region). Stay current with updates and new regulatory processes, communicate them and help with impact analysis. Report to the area supervisor (located in Brazil) and carry out constant updates regarding progress.
What will I be doing?
Registrations and Distributor Management:
- Compile needed information and build dossiers for each new or updated product; study and take into account all the regulatory requirements for each country (dossier/product/country);
- Stay abreast of relevant changes to regulations affecting Hill’s products in region;
- Manage the work done by distributors and accurately track the delivery of documents and the regulatory timings, in each of the 11 countries (and in any new markets that open in the region), leading and ensuring on time registrations and updates;
- Monitor Network Operations notifications and communicate relevant information to the regional team, to prepare them for upcoming changes;
- Maintain strong ties and constant communication with Regulatory partners supporting global dossiers, ingredient approvals, and other relevant processes.
Process Management & Tracking and Follow Ups:
- Create periodic reports including process timing and progress updates;
- Review the regulatory process flows and identify possible efficiencies;
- Ensure processes run smoothly and carry out constant follow ups with the Hill’s team and distributors, using clear and effective communication;
- Update the area supervisor on the main matters in progress, reporting in a timely manner when there are situations of urgency or medium-high level of complexity and present possible solutions;
- Manage time spent on regulatory processes for each country, analyze the causes of real or potential delays, and identify opportunities to improve timings.
- Have regular meetings with regional cross-functional teams in order to ensure that the innovation grid for each country is accurate/updated and provide regular feedback regarding project status to key partners;
- Seek prior clarification which ensures that new products to be registered are of interest to the market.
Legal Stickering Management:
- Track legal stickering in countries where this requirement is mandatory;
- Maintain/update sticker information;
- Deliver Hill’s guidelines for extra-stickering to warehouse employees (only for countries with an extra stickering requirement).
- Manage Hill’s tracking tool for region;
- Maintain/update electronic archive with all regulatory information required (e.g., relevant dates, Dossiers, Lab Testing Results, Free Sale Certificates, Registration Certificates and other important documents);
- Maintain updated hard copies where needed with all regulatory information required (e.g., Dossiers, Lab Testing Results, Free Sale Certificates, Registration Certificates and other important documents).
Other duties as assigned.
What we need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary or Biological sciences
- Intermediate English
- At least 3 years of experience as an Analyst in Regulatory Affairs
What we desire?
- Advanced English
- Pet food, animal feed, or pharmaceutical regulatory knowledge
- Previous experience working with distributors
- Graduate Degree in science or policy
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.